ONLINE VOTE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Lietuvos bankas, Latvijas Banka and Eesti Pank are organising a public online vote to choose the design for the common two-euro commemorative coin dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Baltic States.
- The vote is open to everyone.
- The vote will be run through the websites balticcoin.eu (English), www.baltijosmoneta.eu (Lithuanian), www.baltijasmoneta.eu (Latvian) and www.baltimunt.eu (Estonian).
- Duration of the vote: from 11:00 on 21 March 2017 to 23:59 on 5 April 2017.
- Participants can vote for their favourite design for the coin from among the six designs presented by the organisers.
- Participants can only vote once.
- Participants vote by indicating the design of their choice, registering their email address and filling in the registration form with personal contact data (full name, email address and country of residence; telephone number is optional). Participants must tick the appropriate box to be entered in the prize draw.
- The vote is counted only if the participant confirms the vote by clicking on the link sent to the email address indicated in the registration form.
- The organisers may reject the vote of any participant who does not follow these online vote terms and conditions and may remove that participant from the prize draw and list of winners.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify entries or suspend voting if they have reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if they consider that there has been any attempt to rig the vote. The organisers have the right to substitute an alternative selection method at their absolute discretion.
- If, for any reason, the vote system fails, the vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be introduced instead.
- The organisers cannot accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any online system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
The prize draw
- The prize fund consists of 300 coins. Each of 100 winners will receive three coins, one from each of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. The winners will receive their prizes after the coins have been issued in 2018.
- The 100 winners will be chosen at random in a draw on 7 April 2017. The winners will be selected at random by an independent online program BurtuTraukimas.lt. The selection will take place in Lithuania in Lietuvos bankas. The list of winners shall be published on 11 April 2017 on the websites listed in paragraph 3 of the terms and conditions. The winners will be informed by email at the e-mail addresses given in the registration forms.
- The prizes will be sent by post. The winners must give the organisers their postal address and any other necessary personal data no later than two months after receiving the notification letter about winning the prize. The winners shall inform the organisers if the address or any other personal data has changed. Any alternative arrangements for receiving the prize must be agreed upon separately.
- All prizes shall be distributed during the first two months after the coins are issued. If this is not possible within that period for reasons that are due to the winner, the winner loses his/her right to the prize.
- The organisers cannot accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any loss or damage to the prizes after they have been made available for transportation to third parties or any other problem with the postal services or any other means of transportation used for distributing the prizes.
- By voting, participants give the organisers permission to collect and use their personal data (full name, email address and country of residence; telephone number is optional) for the purpose of the vote and for distributing prizes.
- The personal data of participants will be handled in accordance with the laws on personal data protection of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. The organisers will store and process personal data only for the purpose of the vote and the distribution of prizes.
- The organisers may reject the vote of any participant who has not provided correctly the personal data specified in paragraph 7 of the terms and conditions with the permission to collect and use this personal data and may remove that participant from the prize draw and list of winners.
- Participants agree that the organisers may provide third parties with the participants’ personal data only for the purpose of publishing the names of the winners and distributing the prizes, unless otherwise required by law.
- Participants have the right to obtain personal data relating to them and require it to be edited or deleted at any time. However this will result in withdrawal of the right to participate in the prize draw.
- The winners give permission for the organisers to share their full names publicly. This data may be published on the internet, in the press or in other public media.
- The organisers will delete all the personal data collected within three months of distributing the prizes, except the personal data which have to be stored for the purposes of bookkeeping.
- The vote and the prize draw are run by Lietuvos bankas acting on behalf of the organisers.
- Additional information about the vote can be obtained by contacting the organisers using the contact details given on the websites listed in paragraph 3 of the terms and conditions.
- The organisers reserve the right to change these terms and conditions after giving public notice of such changes. In such an event, the organisers shall not be held liable for any loss or damage that may arise.
- Staff and consultants working for organisations directly involved in the prize draw and organisation of the voting are not eligible to win a prize.